Sunday, 14 August 2016

The Blue Lotus adventures- DESPOP's 60's crime caper

I'm having so much fun illustrating this book at the moment. I'm trying to create a story that harks back to a time when comics were sold at the newsstand and you didn't care about anything except reading about cool characters, nutty villains and thrilling cliffhangers. Easily my best work so far. I've been working on it for a while now, in between Scarlett Couture and my other projects but now it's all coming together nicely. I showcased it this year in Dubai in April at MEFCC to an audience before moderating a panel with Deadpool creator Fabian Nicieza and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle animated producer Ciro Nieli. Great day. Hoping to go one better and have the series complete for MEFCC in April 2017.
Till then, take a pew at the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment